You have not selected any Course!
Tution Fees: 17,800
Tution Fees: 22,000
Tution Fees: 16,950
Tution Fees: 21,600
Tution Fees: 23,650
Tution Fees: 20,800
Tution Fees: 22,250
Tution Fees: 4,350
Tution Fees: 25,950
Tution Fees: 21,300
Tution Fees: 17,400
The University of Liverpool is a public university based in the city of Liverpool, England. Founded as a college in 1881, it gained its royal charter in 1903 with the ability to award degrees and is also known to be one of the six original "red brick" civic universities. It comprises three faculties organised into 35 departments and schools.
Today, the university is home to around 25,000 students, including 7,000 international students from 127 countries, as well as 195,000 alumni and 6,000 staff.Its global focus has led the institution to establish a university in Suzhou near Shanghai, in partnership with Xi’an Jiaotong University, as well as a campus in London. The University is the largest provider of 100% online postgraduate degree courses in Europe with over 10,000 students studying for Liverpool degrees around the world.
The university’s motto translates into English as ‘These days of peace foster learning’.
As well as being the birthplace of the Beatles, the city of Liverpool also boasts the most number of museums and galleries in the UK outside of London, and was designated the European Capital of Culture in 2008.Facilities for fun are great (the student union building is the largest in the country), the cost of living is low, and there is a real commitment to opening access and to the local community.
· Tung Chee-hwa – the first Chief Executive of Hong Kong, now Vice-Chairman of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.
· Dame Stella Rimington – former Director General of the UK’s national Security Service, MI5.
· Rodney Chase CBE – former Group Chief Executive of BP now on the Board of Directors at Hess Corp. and Tesoro Corp.
· Sir Maurice Flanagan KBE– was the founding CEO of Emirates and executive vice-chairman of The Emirates Group.
· Sir Robin Saxby – former Chairman of ARM Holdings, now supporting business start-ups.
· Dr Sanjay Jha – former CEO and Chairman of Motorola Motability, now CEO of GlobalFoundries.
· Lewis Booth – former Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer of Ford Motor Company, now on the Board of Directors for Rolls Royce.
· Keith Williams – former Executive Chairman of British Airways, non-executive director and deputy chairman of John Lewis and on the board of Aviva plc.
· Philip Clarke – former Chief Executive of Tesco.
· Colin Deverell Smith OBE – Chairman of Poundland Holdings Ltd, former Chief Executive of Safeway.
English Language Requirements
· All students applying to the University of Liverpool must demonstrate that they are competent in the use of the English language and satisfy the university’s requirements. Please refer to the university website for details of specific entry requirements.
· IELTS Requirements:
· UG: Undergraduate applicants are required to achieve a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
· PG: Postgraduate applicants are required to achieve a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
· Note that TOEFL is no longer classified by UK Visas and Immigration as a Secure English Language Test (SELT). However, at the current time, the university is continuing to accept TOEFL, at the required level, for entry onto undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes.
Successful completion of examinations at standard X and XII (Higher Secondary School Certificate) with minimum marks of approximately 70 to 85%, according to the course and exam board.
The percentage will be based on the aggregate of the best of 4 core subjects (including English).
Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university with minimum first division (high second division from some universities).
Three-year Bachelor's degrees like BComs can be accepted, but sometimes the content covered in such degrees does not provide adequate grounding for our more specialised programmes such as MSc Finance.
Students considering a research programme would normally be expected to undertake a Masters degree and achieve good results (1st class or 60%+) before progressing onto a research programme.
Accommodation for International Students
· The university guarantees a place in university accommodation if an international undergraduate student accepts a conditional or unconditional offer as their firm choice and applies by the accommodation deadline.
· The university is usually able to offer accommodation to the majority of students who have an Insurance Offer or who come through Clearing.
· Accommodation for international students is across a number of different sites including city centre on-campus accommodation and 2 student villages, around 3 miles from the campus. Most accommodation is reserved for 1st year undergraduates living away from home for the first time.
· Both catered and self-catering accommodation is available and all rooms have high-speed Internet.
· Various contracts are available ranging from 39 weeks to 51 weeks. The university can accommodate students who wish to stay over the holiday period; where possible, they can remain in their current room. All accommodation over this period is self-catered.
Undergraduate scholarships and awards
Amount and application details
Vice-Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship UG
New international students on non-clinical programmes achieving the equivalentof AAB in UK A level exams or 35 points in the International Baccalaureate.
£2,000 fee reduction for first year of study.
No application necessary, automatically awarded to those who meet the criteria. Award confirmed to successful candidates by email.
New international students on non-clinical programmes achieving AAA+ in UK A level exams or 36 points and above in the International Baccalaureate will receive a £2,500 fee reduction for their first year of study.
£2,500 fee reduction for first year of study.
Sport Liverpool Scholarships
Talented athletes competing at national/regional levels.
Up to £2,000 to support performance. Application necessary.
Liverpool International College (LIC) Merit Scholarship
High achieving LIC Foundation Certificate programme students progressing onto a non-clinical degree.
Students who receive 70-74% receive £1,000 fee reduction for first year of study.
No application necessary, automatically awarded to those who meet the criteria.
Liverpool International College (LIC) Excellence Scholarship
Students who receive 75% or above receive a £2,500 fee reduction for first year of study.
Liverpool International College (LIC) Regional Progression Award
Students from; Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa, South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Butan) Commonwealth of Independent States and the Americas on progression to a University of Liverpool degree.
£1,000 fee reduction.
Liverpool International College (LIC) First Class Award
Students who achieve 70%+ in Foundation certificate who go on to maintain a 70% average once on their degree.
£1,000 per year of study if 70% average is maintained.
LLB Law for Graduates Scholarship first year of study
Available to non-EU international students who attain excellent degree results
Three awards of £1,000 for the first year of study.
Top of Form
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
Indian Subcontinent Postgraduate Taught Award
International Postgraduate Research Studentship
University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) Academic Award
University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) Future Leaders Masters Scholarship
University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) High Potential Masters Scholarship
University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) Liverpool MBA Partial Scholarship
There are numerous other scholarships.Please refer university website for detail qualifications required.
You can also apply for the British Government's Chevening Scholarships, and a variety of private agencies and charities for scholarships, bursaries and grants to study in the UK. For more information visit the British Council website or the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.
Full-time UG & PG Fees 14,300 GBP to 32,400 GBP according to your course.
Cost of Living
London is an expensive city to live in. It is also a lot of fun and it can be very tempting (and easy) to overspend when you first arrive. You need to be careful not to run out of funds after the first few months. This means planning your money carefully and budgeting to make sure you don’t spend beyond your means. You will probably need at least £1000 a month as a minimum
Ranking of Universities
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 41
World University Rankings 2017 : 158
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 41
World University Rankings 2017 : 158
University of Liverpool Liverpool L69 7ZX