You have not selected any Course!
Tution Fees: 18,150
Tution Fees: 14,000
Tution Fees: 21,950
The University of Dundee is a public research university based in the city and Royal burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland.
It aims to transform lives, working locally and globally through the creation, sharing and application of knowledge. Dundee’s vision is to become Scotland’s leading University, celebrated internationally for the quality of their graduates and academic excellence.
It continues to build on its success by investing in excellent facilities, pushing the boundaries of research and equipping their staff and students with the means to create real-world impact and transform lives. Dundee’s collaborative approach to teaching and research is reflected in the close-knit community they have created on campus, making Dundee an excellent place to live as well as work/study.
The compact city campus, market-leading accommodation and excellent support means that student experience is second-to-none.
The University’s nine academic schools cover a variety of subject areas at both undergraduate and postgraduate level including life sciences, creative arts, business, accountancy, computing, law, engineering, medicine, and dentistry. Dundee has an outstanding reputation in medicine and life sciences, and civil engineering. It is also strong on art and design - the university's Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design is one of the UK's top-rated art schools. Snow Patrol was formed by Dundee students.
Dundee’s remarkable transformation is drawing young professionals and business investment to the city and the University. Dundee employs over 3000 academic and professional staff - 1 in 12 jobs within the city are at the University, which means it makes a significant impact on the local economy. It is a truly global institution with a workforce representing 72 different countries.
Dundee has one of the highest student ratios of any British city and is both very student-friendly and a very cost-effective place to live. Set in beautiful countryside on the east coast of Scotland, it is a friendly and welcoming university city with plenty to see and do. Dundee is also a stimulating place to be, combining a rich history with modern transformationDundee itself is a dynamic and multicultural city which has recently been named as the UK’s first UNESCO City of Design. It is a friendly place you can settle into quickly, but has all the cultural and leisure activities you would expect from a much larger city. Theatres, art-house cinema, restaurants, galleries, bars, boutiques and craft shops are all within five minutes' walk from the University. The city also has a vibrant nightlife, with a mix of mainstream and alternative clubs and live music venues.
While at Dundee you can immerse yourself in Scottish culture (there's more to it than just tartan and shortbread!) and explore the scenic beauty of Scotland. Mountains, lochs and glens are all within easy reach, with the rest of the UK easily accessible, even without a car. If that's not enough, you'll only be a short flight away from mainland Europe too.
· Gary Lightbody – lead singer of the band Snow Patrol
· James McIntosh – food writer
· John Suchet – news anchor
· Susan Philipsz OBE – 2010 Turner Prize winner
· Sir James W. Black – notable pharmacologist and Nobel Laureate
· Margaret Fairlie – gynaecologist and first female professor in Scotland
· Donald Findlay QC – criminal defence advocate
· Nhial Deng Nhial – Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Republic of South Sudan
· Johanna Basford – illustrator
English Language Requirements
· Please refer to the university website for English language requirements.
· The University offers pre-sessional and in-sessional English language courses for students looking to improve their English.
· The requirement for most undergraduate and postgraduate degrees is IELTS 6.5 overall with a 6.0 in writing and 6.0/5.5 minimum in the other three components.
· A small number of degrees have a requirement of IELTS 7.0 or above. The minimum requirement would be 7.0 in each of the 4 components.
· For some undergraduate and postgraduate degrees the requirement is IELTS 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in the writing component and a minimum of 5.5 in the other three components.
· Postgraduate research
The IELTS standard of English language for postgraduate research is typically 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in writing.
Undergraduate - Year 1
Students must have good results (60% overall) in the CBSE, ISC or leading state board XII Standard exams.
If you are applying to study Medicine or Dentistry it requires a minimum of CBSE/12th Standard with 85% or above overall and 85% or above in a minimum of three subjects (including Chemistry and another science subject).
Undergraduate - Year 2
Students with excellent grades (75%+ in four subjects including subjects relevant to chosen course) may be able to enter the 2nd year of some degree courses directly.
Direct entry to year 2 of Medicine and Dentistry is not available.
Postgraduate - taught
Bachelor’s degree with 55% or above considered from University of Delhi, University of Mumbai, University of Calcutta, IITs and IIMs (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
Bachelor’s degree with 60% or above required from other institutions (considered equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree)
A Bachelor’s degree with 50% or above may be considered comparable to a UK 2.2 degree.
Law applicants from other well-ranked institutions may be considered with 55% or above
Postgraduate - research
Applicants who hold a Masters degree from a central university or centre of advanced study or a MSc (Eng) in Engineering/Technology, may be considered for postgraduate research. You must submit your degree transcripts.
Accommodation for International Students
· All new entrant students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation if they apply before the deadline. International students are usually spread throughout residences.
· Most accommodation is on the city campus or 5 minutes’ walk away. West Park is located between the city campus and Ninewells Hospital (where medical and nursing students are taught) and is around 25 minutes’ walk from the city campus.
· All accommodation is self-catered and en-suite, with free Wi-Fi and cable access to the university’s superfast broadband network.
· Students do not have to move out during the vacations – contracts are for the full 39 weeks including Christmas and Easter vacations.
There are numerous scholarships. Please refer university website for detail qualifications required.
Dundee Alumni Scholarship
You can also apply for the British Government's Chevening Scholarships, and a variety of private agencies and charities for scholarships, bursaries and grants to study in the UK. For more information visit the British Council website or the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.
IntakeJanuary/February 2022,September/October 2022,
Full-time UG & PG Fees 9,950 GBP to 32,000 GBP according to your course.
Cost of Living
• Dundee is ranked as one of the most affordable places for students to live in the UK, so you get a high value of education and your cost of living is affordable. • As a student in Scotland, you are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week with your student visa.
Ranking of Universities
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 30
World University Rankings 2017 : 180
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 30
World University Rankings 2017 : 180
University of Dundee Nethergate Dundee DD1 4HN