You have not selected any Course!
Tution Fees: 15,860
Tution Fees: 16,860
Tution Fees: 17,355
Tution Fees: 18,720
Tution Fees: 19,280
Tution Fees: 20,280
Tution Fees: 14,325
Tution Fees: 15,325
Brunel University London is a public research university located in Uxbridge London , United Kingdom. Founded in 1966, as a new kind of university dedicated to teaching and research relevant to industry and society, Brunel's mission has been to combine academic rigour with the practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative approach pioneered by its namesake, Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Brunel is organised into three colleges – Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences; Business, arts and social sciences; and health and life sciences – and three major research institutes – energy futures and environment; health and societies; and materials and manufacturing. A forerunner in terms of academic and scientific discovery, the university is developing plans for a new science and innovation campus to include teaching and research facilities for the College of Engineering, and for business and economics.
The university is set on a single campus in Uxbridge, west London with everything students require on campus or a short walk away, and London a 45-minutes ride on the underground. The university welcomes students from more than 110 countries, creating a diverse, international community.It is a campus-based university, which means students are never more than 10 minutes away from halls of residence, social and sports facilities, lecture theatres, or the library.
Its students have access to specialist laboratories for electronic imaging, bioprocessing and experimental techniques, flight, driving and train simulators and a 3D body scanner.
Many undergraduate students may also choose to undertake practical placements and projects as a part of their courses in the form of a sandwich year.
A yearly design exhibition is held by Brunel's Department of Design called ‘Made In Brunel’ to promote and showcase the work of final year students to the rest of the design industry.
Brunel is just a tube ride away from the bustling city of London, making it a go to for students wishing to experience a variety of cultural and social activities. The town of Uxbridge itself, which still has buildings dating back to its time as a Georgian market town, is a thriving commercial and business centre. Its major shopping complexes, The Pavilions and the Chimes Centre, boast a wide range of shops, cafes and a nine-screen multiplex cinema.
· Jo Brand – comedian and ambassador for Brunel’s Centre for Comedy Studies Research.
· Hannah Critchlow – editor and presenter of Naked Scientists radio shows/podcasts, named as one of pop 100 scientists in the UK in 2013.
· James Gill – Global Head of RDD PMO & Optimisation at Dyson.
· Ashley Bryant – Silver Medallist at 2014 Commonwealth Games in the Decathlon.
· Soleiga Pakstaite – winner of the UK James Dyson Award 2014, Shell LiveWIRE award and the Mayor of London’s Low Carbon Entrepreneur Award for Bump Mark bioreactive packaging.
· Kate Richardson-Walsh – Olympic gold medallist, captain of the Women’s Hockey Team at Rio 2016.
· Tom Stallard – McLaren Group Race Engineer for Jenson Button and Olympic silver medallist in rowing in 2012.
· Ray BLK – crowned winner of the BBC Music Sound of 2017.
· Archie Panjabi – Emmy Award-winning actress in productions including East is East, Bend it like Beckham and The Good Wife.
· Tom Aggar – the first Paralympic Champion in the arms-and-shoulders-only single skull (ASM1x) in the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games. He went on to win bronze at Rio 2016.
English Language Requirements
· The university recognises a range of qualifications.
· In general, courses require an English level of between IELTS 6.0 and 7.0 or equivalent.
· If a student's level of English does not meet the entry requirements for a particular course, they will be offered the chance to attend an English language course run by Brunel Language Centre.
Some courses will have higher requirements (and will require you to also reach minimum sub-scores), so please check your course page for the exact level.
The university also consider the following qualifications as proof of English language abilities:
Standard XII: CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra Board, West Bengal:
Other state boards:
UG: Students with Standard XII examinations from the West Bengal State Board will be expected to have attained an average of 70% and above.
Pass Standard XII (CBSE, CISCE, Tamil Nadu & Maharastra Boards) with 72% to 75% from 5 subjects
Students from other State Boards will be considered on an individual basis if they have an average of at least 85%.
A minimum score of 55%-75%. Offers within the grade range are determined by the higher education institution attended and exact requirements will depend on the course you are applying for.
Accommodation for International Students
· University accommodation is guaranteed to first-year international students meeting the conditions of course entry and who apply by the relevant deadline.
· Brunel's halls of residence are all on campus, meaning you are only minutes away from the teaching, sporting and social facilities.
· Rooms are available on campus for undergraduates, postgraduates, disabled students and co-habiting couples.
· There are over 4,500 modern, comfortable and safe rooms and a range of accommodation options on campus.
New students who have applied for accommodation, met the conditions of their course offer and confirmed their place at Brunel by 31 August will be accommodated on campus.
If you apply for accommodation after 31 August, it may take longer to find you a room on campus. But the university has plenty of private housing options if you miss out, or you are welcome to add your name to the waiting list for a campus room. If you do choose to live off-campus Brunel Student Lettings can assist.
You will have your own bedroom with free Wi-Fi, a shared communal kitchen and laundry facilities.
Nearly all of the campus rooms offer en suite facilities.
The halls of residence have an electronic door entry system and CCTV, and for peace of mind there is a 24-hour security team on site too.
As a guide, prices currently range from £108.15 for a single standard room (shared bathroom) to £137.90 for a s ingle en-suite room (private bathroom). Studio flat for couples cost £206.15
· Christmas and Easter are included in the 38-week lease. Rent includes internet access and wi-fi, utilities, standard insurance and bedding.
The university offers more than 100 scholarships every year to help international students. Some awards are worth up to £6000 a year to help partially fund university fees and living costs.
Brunel has a range of scholarship packages and works in partnership with several scholarship organisations and bodies including Chevening, The Commonwealth Scholarships and Santander Mobility Awards
Details of scholarships can be found in the university website.Click on the scholarships for information on how to apply and full terms and conditions:
Brunel International Excellence Scholarships
Undergraduate subject scholarships
Postgraduate subject scholarships
Country-Specific Scholarship: India
There are numerous other scholarships.Please refer university website for detail qualifications required.
You can also apply for the British Government's Chevening Scholarships, and a variety of private agencies and charities for scholarships, bursaries and grants to study in the UK. For more information visit the British Council website or the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.
Full-time UG & PG Fees 14,400 GBP to 17,500 GBP according to your course.
Cost of Living
EXPECTED LIVING COSTS IN LONDON We would recommend budgeting for living costs in London to be between £1,200 and £1,300 per month, excluding your tuition fees. The website www.gov.uk recommends students have £1,265 a month to cover living expenses. These figures are only intended as a guide and how much you need will depend upon your lifestyle. Please also allow for annual inflationary increases as part of your budget planning and remember to consider your initial arrival costs. These could include accommodation deposits, household items, clothing, etc.
Ranking of Universities
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 47
World University Rankings 2017 : 301-350
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 47
World University Rankings 2017 : 301-350
Brunel University London, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH